Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Delores + Jeremy

Delores & Jeremy met on the picket line of the super market strikes (remember those??) Now, my husband told me not to blog this, but I can't help myself..."It was love at first strike." I truly am a sucker for all things cheesey!

But seriously, all joking aside, Delores & Jeremy fell in love & have been together ever since. The thing I love about these two is that they are such a great team. It's awesome to just sit and watch them making decisions together. They really care about what the other thinks & feels & I find it to be down right refreshing.


We went over to Balboa Park in San Diego to shoot these engagement portraits and it was a lot of fun! They were such great sports and allowed me to shoot for over 2 hours! They indulged me with every whim that I came up with, which included: sitting, standing, laying, climbing, squatting, turning, twisting, spinning and publicly dancing.



Balboa Park has the most amazing doors on their buildings. I especially liked the patterns and colors on this one because they were just perfect.






Here's a shot of the public dancing I was telling you earlier. The story behind this is, we were walking around this musician to go through this cafe that led to a grassy area that was gated off. As we were passing I was like, "That would be so cute for you guys to dance with the musician playing in the background." Now sometimes I "suggest" things to couples that never come to fruition. Which I thought was the case in this scenario but on the way out, to my surprise, Delores extended her hand to Jeremy and they started dancing! It was so special. My favorite thing about this shot is that Delores & Jeremy aren't the focal point. It gives that sense of spontaneity and makes your eye look at the musician first and then over to Delores & Jeremy.



What you can't see in this portrait is that they actually had an audience. There was a dad there with his son. And some people who were in the parking lot, stopped to watch. I was impressed that they were able to dance like that in the middle of the sidewalk. And I am glad that they did because these shots are priceless. Look at Delores' smile!


This shot was a ton of fun. I just had them lay on the ground facing each other and framed Delores' face through the opening that Jeremy's arm created. I can't take full credit for this shot though. I had seen it done a while ago by a very talented photographer (translation: I don't remember who it was) but I remember thinking it was a great idea. I had forgotten about it until I saw them laying there staring into each other's eyes and was like, "Hey! Let's try..."


The sky is so beautiful here. That was natural. I didn't do that in PS at all. I gave the colors a boost but there is no gradient filter usage...at all.


This shot is my FAVORITE in the entire session. It feels romantic and very "spanish villa-ish" I love the flowers and the intense moment before the kiss, look for this one on my WEBSITE for sure.


Well, congrats, Delores & Jeremy! I am so happy we met & I can't wait to share in your special wedding day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment